How to Recognize the Signs and Symptoms of Tuberculosis
It is highly likely it could be tuberculosis if you're having a combination of the following:
1. A cough that has lasted for about three months, in which you cough out sputum that, depending on how long you have been infected, contains blood.
2. You have significantly lost weight in the last 3 months or more since the cough started
3. You have been sweating terribly at night since the cough started, that even your bedspread becomes soaked as if water was poured on it.
4. You have been having a fever that is not really high and which comes and goes.
5. Before you had this cough that has lasted for about 3 months, you came in contact with somebody who was coughing seriously. Or you were in a prison for some time or lived in a homeless shelter like internally displaced persons camp. In addition, if you traveled to and returned from an area or region where there's TB outbreak/endemic.
6. If you have been treated for tuberculosis in the past, it is likely it is reoccurring due to reactivation of some of the latent bacteria that couldn't be eradicated by the anti-TB drugs. Also, if you're HIV-positive, there's a chance that you might have TB because HIV makes the body vulnerable to other infections.
If you found this tip useful, don't forget to share with your friends and family with the share button on the top right of this page.
For more advice and help, feel free to ask a Doctor online.
Enable Push Notifications
Other useful Health Tips
What To Do After Having Unprotected SexIf you’re sexually active, it is important to know that practicing safe sex is the best way to go....
5 Cancer Symptoms You Shouldn't IgnoreCancer is a group of diseases that can occur almost without any sign or symptom. Usually, the when...
How to Stay Fit Despite A Busy Work Schedule!To live a long and healthy life, achieving a healthy and active lifestyle should be among your top...
4 Medical Tests Every Woman NeedsIn trying to achieve set goals for ourselves - financial, career, relationship, we sometimes forget...
5 Medical Tests You Should Do Before Getting MarriedMore than just the butterflies, love and the happiness of getting to spend the rest of your life...